Friday, July 13, 2007

Fortune Cookies

I've been practically living at the Kahn's lately. I love that Lexi is home. Today, we were out exploring with FridgeBoy, and it just felt so good to be with them both. That feeling hit me all of a sudden, and I just sat back as a smile spread across my face--my whole face. To just be there with them, my two best friends, my siblings, was amazing.

Anyway, that is not the point of this post.

Last night we had Chinese for dinner. As I cleared my plate, I picked up a fortune cookie, cracked it open, and read my fortune:
You are headed in the right direction.

"Oh, that's nice," I thought. I put the fortune down and went about my evening. This morning, I saw the left over fortune cookies and selected one. Once again, I picked it up, cracked it open and read my fortune:
You are headed in the right direction.

I told Lexi about the repeat and said, "Ok, that is not an accident." It's nice to get a little affirmation like that. I'm not quite sure in which thing I am moving in the right direction, but I have a feeling it doesn't simply mean life in general. I think it's supposed to mean something more specific than that... *shrug* I'll find out eventually.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm back.

Just so you know.

<3