Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Daddy's Girl

So Gpa finally passed yesterday. I'm pretty much fine. It was his time to go. I had been to see him a few days before and he was just...not there. He had gotten worse and had to go to a hospice home. By the time I'd gotten there to see him, they'd had to sedate him to avoid sticky situations resulting from his being delusional. Anyway, he's in a better place now.

I've really been fine up until this morning. On my way to work, I began to think about how my uncles didn't have any kind of relationship with their father and how I would be SO SAD if something happened to my dad. I love my dad. I suddenly wanted to hug him, and it made me cry a little.

So yeah, I'm basically fine. I'll be feeling a bit strange for awhile because someone in my family just died, but it will be ok.

No comments: