Thursday, September 20, 2007

Under the same moon...

I can see the moon through my window right now...hazy through the clouds. It's a half-moon tonight. I have always been drawn to the moon. (Though not quite like the tides. Badump, ching! Or something...) I love looking at it. Searching the craters for faces...

Back when Lost and I used to be close, I would call her from school, and I would walk out to the little pond here and sit in the tiny gazebo. We would be on the phone, missing each other, and I would tell her not to worry because we were still under the same moon. We could both look up at that moment and see the same thing.

I'm pretty sure it meant more to me than it did to her...

The moon still means a lot to me. Hopefully I can someday tie it with something else. Someday, it won't remind me of her as much. I say "as much" because Lost was an important part of my life, and I never want to forget that part, but I don't want constant reminders that lead to the more painful memories connected with our friendship. Someday I'll be able to look back on it all and smile every time.

Bittersweet memories.

No comments: