Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"What a beautiful day to enter the world..."

My baby cousin was born today. "8.5 lbs, 20 inches, and eyes wide open!" I'm very excited to meet her in a couple of weeks. I have a feeling we're going to be the best of friends. At least, I hope so.

As I was walking to my dorm from the student center, I tipped my head back and thought, "What a beautiful day to enter the world." The sky was a rich blue, the few clouds that were within sight were flossy and white, the air cool, but not cold. The sun shone unobtrusively from somewhere behind me. I just couldn't help being so grateful for that one brief moment.

I wonder if my aunt and uncle will allow me and or my mother to teach that little girl about her Heavenly Father and how much He loves her? She is so special to me already...