Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poses and Posies

I have lived in the DC area my entire life and until a few days ago I had never seen the iconic cherry blossoms. But I finally got to go last Saturday! And not only did I finally get to see the beautiful trees, but I got to go with my wonderful friends the Doozits. Allie wanted photographic proof that she is pregnant (and by that I mean that she wanted pictures for friends and family to look at if they live far away and do not get to experience her preggo-ness firsthand) and thought the trip would be a good time to take them.

The dear Doozits had a church commitment at noon on Saturday so, being the hardcore picture taking, blossom viewers that we are we decided to make it to DC for (wait for it) SUNRISE! It would have been pretty epic. If the metro had been open that early. Oops. Good thing Dennys is! Mmm breakfast.

Take two: we got to the metro station around 7:30 and in to the city around 8:30. We walked around the Tidal Basin underneath the beautiful trees, stopping every so often for me to help them pose and take a few shots. We left around 11, just as all the tourists were getting there! =D It was my first "real" photo shoot/portrait taking session/whatever it was and I think it went well but boy do I wish I had a DSLR!!

These are some of my favorites (edited on picnik.com):









My favorite:


Now just pretend all of them are in focus and not the least bit grainy...

No comments: