Thursday, February 17, 2011

My eyes are opening.

Last Sunday, I noticed a shift in my attitude. Then Monday I noticed that it was different all together. I think I finally appreciate my job!

I never got a chance to apply for the temp job at the zoo. They decided to hire someone from an old pool of applicants with out re-announcing it. But, I don't feel crushed. It might be because I don't think I ever really got my hopes up, but I think it has also given me a more solid idea of where I'm supposed to be and what God has planned for me right now. Suddenly, everything felt easier, not as heavy, and I began to feel more positive. I'm not sure if my new attitude is a result of this awareness, or if the awareness is a result of my new attitude, but things are definitely...better. Well, they were never that bad, but they feel better now. And of course we alllll know that is totally the point, right?

I'm glad I'm working where I am right now. I am appreciated, I am good at it, I have flexible hours when I need them, I have weekends off so I can go visit PA, I start late enough in the morning that I can help with James, if I still have this job this summer then I will be able to go to worship and devos in the morning at camp and I'll be able to help set stuff up, and I'll probably be able to take days off to help all day there.

God is good, kids. And when I let Him just love on me things run waaaaay more smoothly. Who knew?

1 comment:

Kara Minor said...

=> I'm happy for you. And you should enjoy what you're doing. I'm sorry the zoo didn't work out but I'm still glad you get to volunteer there!