Sunday, April 22, 2007

"I love you, and that's what you are getting yourself into."

There are three words that, when strung together in a particular order to form a certain sentence, mean quite a lot to me.

When I love, I love unconditionally. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, it's just a fact observed by others that I have come to know is true. It has always been pretty easy for me to love others. I love to love them. It is how Heavenly Father programed me. I love unconditionally, and I love fiercely and faithfully.

And it is because of this that I sometimes get confused when others don't seem to love me the way I love them. I've not yet experienced "romantic love," so I'm not sure what situations like that are going to turn out like. What I am most specifically referring to here are my friendships.

I've gotten lucky a few times, don't get me wrong, but it also seems that I keep getting burned. I act as though I'm not as sensitive as I once was, and it is true that I've learned new ways to cope with different things, but some times, some thing just....cuts me. I'm sure it is true for everyone.

He gave me this strength, so now I need to pin point my weaknesses and ask Him how to go about repairing them...

I write this in a perfectly calm, thoughtful state. I've just been pondering the concept of love on and off for quite some time now. I wanted to put down a few of my thoughts.

Anyone else? Thoughts? (Extra points if you can name that song!)

2 comments:

Allie said...

"Getting Into You." How many points do I get?!

Heather said...

LoL, not fair! No one else got a chance!

And you didn't even leave any thoughts!