Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"And it's funny how you'll find...

...you enjoy your life, when you're happy to be alive."

My advice to pretty much everyone ever? Don't be a living self-fulfilling prophecy. My advice more specific to a certain ladder-borrowing boy? Stop searching for ways to make your insecurities true. And don't tell me that maybe they just are true. Get over yourself. (And yes, I did tell him that.)

I can't be some one's friend if they're convinced I'm either going to desert them or that I'm only being their friend to prove that I won't desert them. I get frustrated that he doesn't even want to do something about the way he feels. And no, I'm not just saying that he doesn't because it seems to me that he's not doing anything to improve his situation, he actually told me he didn't want to. I care about him, but I refuse to put myself in another manipulative friendship. I held my tongue when he was trying to rile me up today, but I may not be able to next time. It's not that I'm concerned I'll hurt his feelings; I have no control over them. I don't like being snide to people because I don't like being treated that way myself.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet, but the good news? SO not having a hard time getting over my feelings for him. Being stuck on an ex and wanting to wallow for the rest of one's life is just not attractive to me. Sorry.

I may sound like a jerk, but I am not ready to be a doormat or book on a shelf again.

2 comments:

Lauren Trout said...

yes! I really liked the movie. afterwards me and my friends went to the park and had ice cream floats. it was awesome!

Dan M. said...

i read that as "I am not ready to be a doormat or bookshelf again," and I was really confused by what you meant.