Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sometimes I need to update my blog...

I'm home for the weekend. It's good to see my dogs. Even Shep attached himself to me for awhile after I got here. He even lay down on the floor next to me. I'm not sure he's done that since he was a puppy.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the surgeon. I'm not nervous about it, because I'm not afraid of the surgery. I do however feel apprehensive about it because my winter break is getting busier and busier and I would really like to be able to drive. And you know, walk. Sort of. Maybe hobble? Or crutch? *sigh*

I've been sick this week, but I think that I'm finally getting better. Greta took pretty good care of me. Sometimes it's nice not to have to be "the mom." Actually, despite being sick, this week was a good one. I had an Anat and Phys test on Monday, that I actually think I did well on. We'll see about that. The rest of the day was nice because my lab was canceled. Tuesday was fairly normal. Wednesday was a Thursday schedule so Nosey Bear came for his weekly visit (he's a dog that belongs to a friend of mine. My roommates and I watch him while she's in class on Thursday mornings). Then my classes were canceled because my one lab was scheduled for a trip to the zoo. That was pretty neat. I met my new hero. This guy started working at the zoo 15 years ago as a fry cook in the little food place there. Then he did the internship required by my school there, then he graduated from my school in 2000. 8 years later, and he's the General Curator. My hero. Anyway, so then today we had off school and Greta and I hung out and went to a fabric store and then at 7 something I drove home.

The End.

No comments: