Thursday, June 2, 2011

Photo-A-Day?

I just got a new camera (my first DSLR!) on Monday and I took it over to the Winegar's for a show-and-tell session with Allie. Carl came home and I showed it to him, too. He suggested I start a photo-a-day sort of thing like their super cool friend Kristy now that I have a new camera. I have admired Kristy's photography for a long time and I told him that I'd thought about doing some sort of photo-a-day (and I've even mentioned it on here before) but that I wasn't as good as Kristy is and I wasn't sure if I could commit to taking/uploading a picture every day.

Now, if you have met Carl you know that he is a super sweet guy. He followed up my lame excuses with, "I think I would look at a photo of yours a day." He went on to say it would be a great way to practice my hobby/skill. I was flattered and I also think he has a really good point. When learning a musical instrument one is supposed to practice everyday to improve and that rule certainly applies to other skills.

So. I'm going to give it a try. Here goes.


James. I love him with a very large part of my heart. His beautiful eyes, his smile, his sense of humor, his patience. I feel so blessed that I have had time to get to know him as well as I do because I'm not sure everyone can see the amazing person I know is inside of that body.

This portrait is the first "real" picture I took with my new camera. It's a little dark, but I didn't want to edit this one.

2 comments:

Chillygator said...

Not going to lie, your starting photos are way better than anything I took in my entire first year of photo a daying.

Carl Duzett said...

And... Monday! I am waiting! Impatient customer here! I paid good money to view these hypothetical photos!