Saturday, June 4, 2011

Someone

Today I discovered an amazing new (to me at least) show on TLC. It's called Spouse vs. House and it's about couples who think they are getting to do a remodel/redesign on three rooms of their house but then they are split up and only one of them (so far it's been the man) gets to do it and they can't see each other or even talk for three weeks. No contact of any kind. For three weeks.

I was really touched by some of the details the men try to add just for their wives (especially the one guy, Ed) but what really got me was how glad they all were to see each other at the end of those three weeks. I think every single couple I saw mentioned something about how they had never been apart for that long before,and they definitely had not gone that long with out communicating. When reunited, they didn't even want to talk about the remodel at first, they just wanted to touch each other, drink each other in.

I don't think I can say that I really struggle with being single. I'm actually okay with it for the most part--I don't really feel that I have a "ticking clock" and I don't think about it all day every day or anything like that. I mean, some days are harder than others but generally, I'm fine. Today was one of those harder days I think.

I think it would be really nice to...have someone. I'm not entirely sure what that means or entails, but I do think it would feel nice.

Oh, well. I guess first I need to work on being in places where I can even just be around guys. I've actually been really missing having guy friends lately too. *sigh* Work in progress.

No comments: