Sunday, March 23, 2008

Yukkuri hanashi te kudasai!

(Please speak slowly!)

We have a foregin exchange student! And by "we," I mean the Khan's. But I was there when he got to the house. His name is Daiki, and he is a 17 year old from Japan.

FridgeBoy, The Chaser and I took him out to Cici's and to a movie. (We saw "Vantage Point." It was good. Mostly.) When Daiki got here, we were instructed to speak slowly to make it easier for him to understand. He knows some English, but it takes some thinking to remember some of the words he needs to use, or what our words mean. Well, as a few readers may know, speaking slowly is not one of FridgeBoy's talents. For most of the night, every time FB would say something to Daiki, Daiki would look at me! He could understand The Chaser and I better, so he sort of used me as a translator. FB to English so he could translate the English to Japanese in his head. Poor boy.  He's a good sport though. We had him laughing a bit. =D

I wish him luck.

No comments: