Sunday, March 25, 2007

I stepped on a bee.

It was the most excruciatingly painful experience I can ever remember having. And I've had appendicitis, as well as the resulting surgery. I know our body makes us forget pain, and for good reason, but I'm still pretty sure that was not quite as painful as my experience today. At least it was a different kind of pain...

I stepped on a bee. I dunno how it happened. See, I was inside. In my dorm room. It makes no sense. I was walking over to my desk when BAM! Huge amounts of pain. Coming from my foot. I'm proud of myself for thinking clearly enough to gain control and look at the bottom of my foot. There was the bee, clinging on, his dying act. It was as if he was saying, "I'll teach you to walk around barefoot in your own room!" Or, "If I'm going down, you're going down with me!" He was quite brave, actually. I'm sorry, bee. =( Oh, and now that I think about it, he was almost definitely a she.

Anyway, it hurt. A lot. I got a hot flash from it, actually. And the whole time I had to use the bathroom. I couldn't get the stinger out (you're not supposed to pull them out, you have to scrape them out with a credit card or something similar), so I hopped awkwardly across the hall to the restroom. I got it out after, but I've been hobbling around since.

Ah, well. A new experience. And we were brave, that bee and I. *nods*

3 comments:

ahem. said...

I stepped on a bee when I was six. I was running around barefoot in a park just after it had rained. So I suppose I deserved it a little more than you did, but still. It hurt.

Allie said...

Sad day!!! I hope your foot is okay. Did you ever hear about the time our Cuban friend got stung on his ear? He's allergic to bees, I don't know if you knew. It was a rather exciting tale...

Allie said...

:o(