Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Some thoughts

So I've figured out that I have a very odd addiction. To books on animals. To HUGE books on animals. I just bought my...fourth(?) one last night. And it's huge and big and wonderful. And I love it. It's another one on mammals. Which brings me to my next thought:

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to work towards getting a Masters degree in mammalogy. I just need to figure out how I want to do it... See, I've always planned on going straight to work after I "did my time" so to speak--after I completed my four years. I'm lucky because it is very likely that I will have a job right out of school. I was thinking maybe night classes or something, but my mom says that would take forever. She makes a good point. I'll have to do some research. At least now I know that's what I want to do.

I also want to learn more about fish and insects. I know almost nothing about them! That is just not acceptable. Except, when I say "nothing," I think I might still mean slightly more than the average, less-animal-obsessed person.... Anyway, my dear friend Lexi has caused me to have a new appreciation for beetles. I think I'll start with them.

Speaking of beetles, krebscout is an amazing writer, and I'm jealous. *grin*

1 comment:

Allie said...

I like your plans, my love. I think my graduate work will be in TESOL. :^D How exciting.

And yay for beetles! Hopefully I'll be meeting with people today.... I'll let you know how it goes....

<3