Monday, September 15, 2008

"D" is for "Diploma"

So far my goal of not stressing out about my classes and school work is working out fairly well. I almost had a little freak out before my first (and only so far) quiz, but I reminded myself of the promise I made...myself...and it worked out pretty well.

A few of my friends have already had some melt-downs, and the one I was witness to shook me a bit. I am in difficult classes--all science. And my ADD has been in rare form lately. I can't seem to make my brain focus on Anatomy for 50 minutes and then 30 minutes later on MicroBio for 75 minutes. Weird, right? *sigh* I need to start printing out the MicroBio slides and that should help. Anyway, I was shaken because a lot of what she was saying to her mom on the phone was an echo of the thoughts I've been chasing out of my mind before I think them too thoroughly. The information all runs together, my notes aren't that great, I don't really understand what's going on, etc. However, I'm still not going to freak out. I'll have to see how it goes when I have my first tests. Which is sooner rather than later because they're next week. So. Fun.

Things I tell myself? It's really only two classes I'm thinking I'm struggling with, I have people to study with in both classes, I'm pretty sure both teachers drop the worst test score, I just need to get though this material because I think the other units will be easier to understand, I just need to get through this semester because next will be better, and "D" is for "Diploma". So there we have it. No need to stress myself.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Hey, kudos to you for having that goal, I think it's a great one! I'm rooting for you!

Allie said...

I love you.

I didn't know you'd started updating your blog again; I'll have to check it more often. Gah, sorry about tonight. But I will be free tomorrow afternoon! Gah! Stupid everything. It gets in the way. At the very least if things don't work out until then, we can talk on Thursday during my Soils class that is going on that field trip.