Thursday, September 18, 2008

Six-man

For our senior year, my roommate Jess and I decided we wanted to live in "upperclassman housing." The building we're in has three floors of rooms: two six-mans, and two quads on each floor, and then the third floor also has two doubles (two people rooms) and the fist and second floors have four doubles [each]. Jess and I live in a six-man with one of my good friends Greta and her friend, and another of my acquaintances from Chorus and her roommate. Each pair of us have our own room to share, and then the six of us share the one and a half bathrooms, and a common area.

I really like living with so many people. There's pretty much always someone to come home to, to greet you, to smile at, whatever. Ashley and Lucia are mostly gone or in their room, so usually it's me, Jess, Greta and Lauren, though Lauren is with her boyfriend a lot. I'm glad she's here with us though because I enjoy her company. Her boyfriend is fun too (Our "Other Roommate"). I've sort of been dubbed "the mom" of the suite because if there's a problem with something in the room, or if someone is leaving for the weekend or won't be coming back until late, they'll all let me know. Jess says I give off a vibe. I don't mind it; I like taking care of people. It's a nice little community here. I enjoy it.

I've especially enjoyed getting to know Greta better. I met her at IVCF her freshman year (my sophomore year) but we didn't really become friends until the next year. I got more involved with IVCF, and she'd been asked to be on the Exec Team so we saw more of each other and started to hang out some with the same groups. By the end of the school year, we were pretty good friends. Greta heard that Jess and I were planning to try to get a six man and asked if she could join in. So now we're living together, and that has provided more opportunities for chatting and getting to know one another. It's been good to have the kind of company and support she provides. Next semester, she'll be in Florida for an internship at Epcot. It'll be weird not having her here.

1 comment:

alishka babushka said...

i also enjoy my 6-man apartment. i also am sort of the 'mom' figure, but that's because i'm the oldest by 3ish years. :) with 3 freshman roommates and 2 sophomores and me being a super senior...it sort of just works out that way. lol.