Monday, February 5, 2007

Don't want this tied around my finger

For some people, a string tied around the finger serves to remind them of something of their choice. Well, I want an un-string. Some black hole to tie around my finger so that whenever I look at it, these memories get sucked right out of my head.

It's difficult when so much of your life is tied into another's and something happens to either put the friendship "on hold" or to end it. I still care about her so much. She's not talking to me and I've been pretty sure that I'm not supposed to be the one to seek out contact. When one gives 210%, it's the other person's turn. As time goes on however, I'm loosing some of my resolve. Previously, I'd been being prompted to act and it was fairly clear how I should act. I keep praying, asking what I should do, for the confidence to do it, for the patience to wait until the time is right, and the ability to recognize when He is speaking to me. I'm guessing that the "lack" of answer is my answer. I just wish I knew if it meant it was all over, and I need to move on, or if I just need to keep waiting. I've also thought that maybe I should reach out to her after all, but that could also just be from me.

In the meantime, all these things that remind me of her, all the (few) times I see her name on my buddy list....it gets to me.

I'll be fine.

1 comment:

Allie said...

So I can pretty much relate to you! Let's add the creation of black hole fingerties to our to-do list.

I heart you so much! We're gonna make it, chica. Serious.