Saturday, February 17, 2007

Shell of a Life

I know that the phrase I have chosen usually has a negative connotation, but really, I mean it as a positive thing. I suppose I should have chosen either "foundation" or "beginning" instead? Well, "shell" is the way I think about it in my head.

As I was walking Chloe (my dog) this morning, I was reminded once again that I have awesome things ahead of me. One of those things is security. Between my father's house, my mother's apartment and various friends' and relatives' places, not only do I have a place to stay if I need one, but I have an almost completely furnished apartment! Ok, that may be exaggerating just a bit. Allow me to explain.

Over the past few years, family members and other benefactors have been giving me any furniture that they no longer need or want. I have a love seat, a few bookshelves, a computer desk, at least one recliner, a television, various tables, chairs to go with the kitchen table, a bedroom set (bed, dresser, nightstands), various lamps, and a few other miscellaneous things. I even have a dog to make whatever place feel like a home. I just need appliances to go with my dishes and silverware, and I'll be set! Oh, except for the apartment to put it all in...... *grin*

Anyway, I love being reminded of all my blessings. I try to remember to count them on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I know that life is not about material things, and I don't make a habit of literally counting all the things I have to put in an apartment some day. When I do think about themthough, I am in awe of how the Lord provides. He has given me a loving family, a dog that adores me, good friends, and amazing "surrogate families."

I am so excited to be experiencing this adventure that is Life, and I look forward to see where my journey takes me.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Yay excitement for life!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I heart you!

Anonymous said...

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=33383

Ahhh, thanks!

Rach said...

Ah, Rejected in Regency beat me to it! That was an awesome question. :)