Thursday, February 22, 2007

My thoughts on Heroes.

I don't have a hero. I mean, I don't think I do. This uncertainty causes me to feel that I just don't have one. There are people I look up to: my mom, my dad, Mama and Papa Khan, Aunt Eller, my uncle P and aunt C...those are the top 7 anyway. Well, as far as "elders" go... I look up to friends and peers of mine, but in a different way. That can be an entry for another day. (Hey! I'm a poet, and didn't know it!)

Now, I'm not saying that I need a hero—nor that people in general need heroes. For some, a hero is an important part in werf's life. For others, guidance comes from elsewhere. Neither group of people is better than the other, only different. Why do some have heroes, and others don't? Now, I'm using "hero" as slightly different than a "mentor". In my opinion, one does not have to ever meet one's hero. A mentor implies that werf was guided directly by said mentor. Again, in my opinion.

I think it's so cool to listen to people talking about their hero(s). Or mentor(s) for that matter. Most get this look in their eyes.....a brightness, and excitedness. I enjoy it.

Someday, I want to inspire that look in someone's eyes.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Aw! Mama and Papa Khan are so my heroes also. *joy* We can probably be friends. ^.~ Oh K, I too hope to someday inspire that look in the eye. My dearest, we will do it. We will. And it will be beautiful. <3 (<--like that heart, for example)