Thursday, February 1, 2007

Responsibility?

It makes me sad. It really does. It saddens me that so many creatures and organisms are lost to our world forever. More and more die off every year. Every month. Every day, even. It is probable that some die out before we even know they exist.

I know that it is often a case of whatever organism not being able to adapt to the world's changes, but if we as the human race were more careful, and used our resources more wisely, that the volume of extinctions would decrease. Or at least the frequency at which they are occurring would diminish. Some extinctions did not have to occur. We just need to have some foresight.

I'm not a big fan of "playing God", but I do feel that we should try to preserve what we can of what He made. He gave it to us (Genesis 1:28). Doesn't that make is our responsibility? We take all of it for granted.

Anyway, soapbox session over. I was inspired.

No comments: